This Watermelon, Cucumber and Feta Salad is bright, refreshing and the perfect summer side dish! Simple to throw together and drizzled with the most delicious honey lime dressing!
I love a good summer salad and this one is seriously SO refreshing! Juicy, sweet watermelon tossed with crisp cucumbers, leafy arugula and creamy feta cheese all drizzled with a delicious honey lime vinaigrette…yes this salad is EVERYTHING. I mean watermelon and feta were just made to go together, am I right?? All my favorite ingredients in one bowl!
Not only is this salad really simple to make, but it is such a crowdpleaser and looks beautiful with any summer spread. Perfect for cookouts, picnics, pool days or even as a fun snack! Much-needed on a hot summer day and I promise this salad does not disappoint!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Watermelon – this is the star of the recipe so make sure your watermelon is nice and ripe! I cut my watermelon into 1-inch cubes
- Cucumbers – I used and English cucumber as they tend to be less watery and have a better crunch, mini cucumbers work great too!
- Red onion – make sure to thinly slice your red onion so it doesn’t over-power the salad
- Arugula – the peppery arugula not only helps bulk up this salad, but adds a touch of nutrition and tastes great with all these flavors
- Feta cheese – the saltiness in feta cheese nicely balances out the sweet watermelon. I used crumbled feta, but you could also slice it into cubes for a different presentation
- Fresh mint leaves – fresh basil would also taste great in this salad
- Honey lime dressing – see the recipe below!
Other Delicious Additions
- Nuts or seeds
- Sliced avocado for added creaminess
- Other fruit such as strawberries or blueberries
- Added protein like prosciutto or chickpeas
Honey Lime Dressing
Every good salad needs a quality dressing and this one is bright, citrusy and just ties in all those delicious flavors when tossed with the watermelon, cucumbers and feta! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Olive oil -I like to use a good olive oil that doesn’t have to be expensive, just make sure it’s cold-pressed and organic for the most flavor (in my opinion)
- Red wine vinegar – this adds a nice zippy flavor that goes perfect with the olive oil and lime juice
- Lime juice – always use fresh squeezed lime juice and you could also use a lemon for a different flavor!
- Honey – adds the perfect touch of sweetness, feel free to use maple syrup if vegan
- Salt and pepper
More Summer Salads You’ll Love
Hope you all enjoy this Watermelon, Cucumber and Feta Salad and if you love this recipe as much as we do, please leave me a five-star rating below and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram using the hashtag #eatyourselfskinny! I love seeing all your delicious recreations!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
For the salad:
- 4 cups watermelon, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
For the dressing:
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, lime juice, honey and salt/pepper until smooth and combined. Store in the fridge until ready to toss with the salad.
- Combine watermelon, arugula, cucumber, red onion, feta cheese and mint leaves in a large bowl and drizzle with honey lime dressing.
- Gently mix the salad until all combined and season with additional salt or pepper, as needed. Serve and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 96
- Sugar: 7.3 g
- Sodium: 149.6 mg
- Fat: 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.3 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.