December 2012 – October 2015
This project called “Training, Orientation, and Employment” is a partnership between arcenciel and the European Institute for Cooperation and Development (IECD). Over 3 years, the project’s overall goal is to improve access to employment in Lebanon.
More specifically, the project aims to:
- help young job seekers or job seekers in difficulty access the employment market by guiding them and strengthening their skills;
- train new entrepreneurs and reinforce small enterprises in order to create more jobs.
This is achieved through the strengthening of arcenciel’s Placement Bureau in Jisr el Wati which, throughout the project duration, is in charge of:
- offering career counseling to 300 beneficiaries in difficulty;
- enabling 150 people in difficulty to find employment;
- establishing a diagnostic and placement tool of the beneficiary;
- developing a system of information for following up with and matching beneficiaries.
From December 2012 to October 2015, arcenciel established several activities for this project:
- Creation of specific tools for diagnosing candidates (training, orientation, and placement) and putting in place a system to manage all data, employment applications, and employment offers;
- Preparing candidates to be hired;
- Ensuring the Placement Bureau is sustainable;
- Identifying the best training centers by carrying out a study on short training offers in technical professions already in place;
- Strengthening and improving short trainings (training engineering);
- Referring job-seekers to the best training centers.
Expected results of the project:
- 300 job-seekers in difficulty are guided and accompanied;
- 150 people in difficulty are placed;
- 150 people in difficulty benefit from short trainings.